The National Hydropower Association’s (NHA) Waterpower Week 2021 is the industry’s premier policy event.
This event provides a once-a-year opportunity for those in the North American hydro industry to focus specifically on the regulatory, policy, markets, and legislative aspects of their work.
It’s an important time to hear from and connect with others whom affect the industry – regulators, resource agencies, and river and environmental communities.
Mark your calendar for April 27-29, 2021, to join others as they converge virtually to shape the future of waterpower.
What to Expect
Waterpower Week is the chief platform for insightful panel discussions on the most important policy, regulatory and markets issues affecting waterpower, while ensuring waterpower's message is being heard within the Beltway.
Waterpower week features a full slate of panel discussions focused on waterpower policy pivots, and regulatory processes, changes and improvements that affect the work you do everyday.
Within the Waterpower Industry:
- Hydro Asset Owners
- Regulatory Staff
- Senior Executives
- Power Marketing Staff
- Legal Staff
- Communications/Public Affairs Staff
- Washington, D.C. Lobbyists
- Developers of New Waterpower Projects
- Companies who provide regulatory- and licensing-related services to asset owners
- Companies who provide hydro-related services and/or products whose customers and potential customers are affected by regulations
Beyond the Waterpower Industry:
- Congressional Policy Makers
- Federal and State Regulators
- Federal and State Resource Agencies
- Tribes interfacing with hydropower
- Power Marketing Administrations (PMAs) and RTOs/ISOs
- Non-governmental Organizations
- Conservation Groups
- River Community
- Fishing interests
- Climate Solutions/Clean
- Energy Groups
Outreach and Advocacy: Making Hydro’s Voice Heard
Just because we are virtual doesn’t mean we can’t bring hydro to the attention of Congress and ensure waterpower’s message is heard within the Beltway!
Throughout the spring, NHA is organizing virtual meetings for hydro companies with Congressional members and their staff.
Want to get involved and do your part in shaping the future of waterpower? Let us know by emailing Marla Barnes.
Benefits of attending the event:
Hear firsthand what a new administration and Congress means for you and your organization.
Get a comprehensive overview of the most important policy and regulatory issues affecting hydro.
Share viewpoints with other attendees working all over North America.
No travel required! Get the benefit of being connected with those inside the beltway without having to travel there.
Networking opportunities, despite the restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic. NHA understands the importance of networking, informal discussion, sidebar conversations, etc.
The insightful panel discussion sessions for Waterpower Week 2021 will be laser-focused on:
- Current hydro-related policy pivots that affect the work you do
- Regulatory processes …changes, improvements, what you can expect
- Electricity and non-capacity markets across the U.S. – what’s working, what’s not, what’s the forecast for the future
- How a new administration and new Congress affects your organization and the industry at large
- Legislative outlook – what’s on the horizon? what’s needed from industry?
- NHA’s work with the river communities on the Uncommon Dialogue
You will have the opportunity to hear from key federal agency and government officials. In years past, Waterpower Week has hosted the following speakers:
U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz
FERC Commissioner Richard Glick
FERC Commissioner Cheryl LaFleur
U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA)
Major General Ed Jackson of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Energy Assistant Secretary Daniel Simmons
Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers (R-WA)
Rep. Scott Peters (D-CA)
Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO)
Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA)
Rep. Paul Tonko (D-NY)
Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-OH)
Rep. Jerry McNerney (D-CA)
Interested in Sponsoring?
Waterpower Week 2021 has sponsorship opportunities that fit the needs of your budget and will help you surpass your company’s marketing goals.