What a Powerful Week!
National Hydropower Association’s (NHA) Waterpower Week returns in-person to the nation’s capital from April 5 – 7.
Waterpower Week 2022 bring asset owners, developers, and other waterpower industry organizations face-to-face with those affecting the resource to discuss waterpower’s role in the clean energy future, including:
- Congressional policymakers
- Government agency officials
- Other waterpower stakeholders
Federal Regulatory Commission Chairman Richard Glick Speaking at Waterpower Week
Named FERC chairman by President Biden in January of 2021, Glick has an extensive background in electricity and renewable energy policy. Glick will speak to Waterpower Week attendees on Wednesday, April 6. Learn More
Save the Dates! Add Waterpower Week 2022 to your Calendar
Put it on the top of your 2022 “must-do” list today. If needed, drag and drop the downloaded ICS file into your preferred calendar application.
Benefits of attending Waterpower Week:
It’s the leading national waterpower policy-focused event!
Waterpower policy happens in D.C., and year-after-year, it connects industry professionals with key policy makers and leading political figures.
It's the first national event following passage of the 2021 Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. Great timing, right?
Attendees will have the opportunity to explore the waterpower-related details of the Act together and how the implementation will occur, including distribution of the funds provided through the law.
This event brings a focus within the Capital Beltway to the importance of waterpower's role in clean energy.
WPW attracts high-level speakers from industry as well as regulators, government, and the halls of Congress.
Attendees benefit from educational/professional development opportunities.
WPW programming includes policy, relicensing, regulation, and safety topics. It’s also an chance for government officials and staff members to learn more about waterpower.
A planned advocacy programming, such as our Hill Visits, gives the industry the opportunity to raise our voice and educate policymakers at the White House, Capitol Hill and Federal agencies.
NHA is arranging a Lobby Day that all are invited to participate in. We’ll do the outreach and scheduling and provide participants with talking points—all you need to do is show up!
The insightful panel discussion sessions for Waterpower Week 2022 will be laser-focused on:
- Current hydro-related policy pivots that affect the work you do
- Regulatory processes …changes, improvements, what you can expect
- Electricity and non-capacity markets across the U.S. – what’s working, what’s not, what’s the forecast for the future
- NHA’s work with the river communities on the Uncommon Dialogue
- Hydro Asset Owners
- Regulatory Staff
- Senior Executives
- Power Marketing Staff
- Legal Staff
- Communications/Public Affairs Staff
- Washington, D.C. Lobbyists
- Developers of New Waterpower Projects
- Companies who provide regulatory- and licensing-related services to asset owners
- Companies who provide hydro-related services and/or products whose customers and potential customers are affected by regulations
Beyond the Waterpower Industry:
- Government Agencies
- Congressional Policy Makers
- Federal and State Regulators
- Federal and State Resource Agencies
- Tribes interfacing with hydropower
- Power Marketing Administrations (PMAs) and RTOs/ISOs
- Finance / Wall Street
- Non-governmental Organizations
- Conservation Groups
- River Community
- Fishing interests
- Climate Solutions/Clean Energy Groups
You will have the opportunity to hear from key federal agency and government officials. In years past, Waterpower Week has hosted the following speakers:
U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz
U.S. Deputy Secretary of Energy David Turk
U.S. Department of Energy Assistant Secretary Daniel Simmons
FERC Commissioner Richard Glick
FERC Commissioner Cheryl LaFleur
FERC Commissioner Allison Clements
U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA)
U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
Major General Ed Jackson of the
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers (R-WA)
Rep. Scott Peters (D-CA)
Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO)
Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA)
Rep. Paul Tonko (D-NY)
Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-OH)
Rep. Jerry McNerney (D-CA)
Rep. Paul Tonko (D-NY)
Rep. David McKinley (R-WV)
Interested in Sponsoring?
Waterpower Week 2022 has sponsorship opportunities that fit the needs of your budget and will help you surpass your company’s marketing goals.
Contact NHA Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales Manager – Denise Fumagalli by phone at 301-658-2181 or by email at email@example.com